Movie: The Time


One of the movies I did enjoy the most was The time (시간)
It was opened in 2006 directed by Kim Ki-Duk

It is a tragic-love movie, in which relationships play the main role, however it doesn’t take the nice and romantic part of relationship, but the jealous and obsessions inside a relationship.
How much we girls care about our appearance, and how extreme it could go~

After 2 years of relationship, the guy started looking at other girls. (seemed like)
Meanwhile the girl was absolutely in love. She started getting jealous, and worry.
But her fears to loose him were deeper. So she stay.

One of the scene which really shocked me was when they were on bed, and she said “I don’t care if you are thinking in other person, if you are with me it is ok”

It really call my attention the main character, a girl who was so so so much in love with her boyfriend, for that girl, nothing else was important except for this guy.
She could have done everything for him, and so she did. She decided to break up with him and disappear for 6 month to dramatically change her look, and become a new woman, with whom her boyfriend can again fall in love.

She came back to that city, but as an absolutely different person, she met the same guy, they fell in love.
But one day, she was on his house, and she found out, many pictures and letters of her, and then she realized that the guy had loved love her, only her all the time.

The end is not happy, but it gives you a very good moral to consider.

2 comments:



Verónica A. said...

Well it sounds a common situation. I think the woman doesn`t respect herself at all. Don´t you think? Besides I don`t understand the name of the movie. Maybe I must watch it to get the meaning.
Best Regards.

Miss B said...

I love Kim Ki Duk films. I think my favourite it "3 iron", though. I watched the last one last week. Very good.

Post a Comment