Do schools kill kids creativity?


“We need to re-think the fundamental principles of education”




Today, I listen to a very interesting talk held by Ken Robinson,
It makes me think about what should we transmit to our student?

Mr., Robinson states that Children have the capacity for innovate and create countless things, but after the education process they lose it.
Nowadays he said, "We are educating without creativity".
Why?

Well the answer has to do, with the stereotypes we’ve created about education.
Everywhere on earth the main subjects at schools are math and languages, arts and music goes at the end as the least important ones.
Ken Robinson claims that we grow up thinking that we will never get a good job as an artist, and that
Industrialism is now much more important for our society .We've been educated to become good workers, rather than creative thinkers.
It is so common that when we are kids our parents used to say, “You will be a good doctor” or “An Excellent lawyer”, but, What if that child want to be a musician or an artist?

What can we do in our classrooms to change this reality?

2 comments:



me.my-self.and-I said...

after listened to him, I thought the same than you... I give it a personal point of view, thinkin' how can I help my students to develop themselves and make them grow as a person. it's a really big challenge, and I hope be successful when I be in the classroom.

kisses sweet-heart! take care

Jorge Molina said...

I would probably have to do something like
ctrl+V hahahaa!! but I wont.

Post a Comment